UniIFAX – The most technically advanced Fire Detection and Alarm Control system available
UniIFAX combines the attributes of the latest generation Apollo ‘Discovery’ detectors with advanced processing features to provide a detection and alarm system of unrivalled performance and false alarm resistance.
UniIFAX is fully compatible with its multi-loop ‘big brother’, the MultiIFAX.
To ensure the best possible detection performance and property protection, flexible ‘Day/Night’ mode changes can be made. These can be based on time of day, user operation at the control panel or conditional switching (e.g. BMS or intruder alarm setting).
In addition, UniIFAX is fully compatible with XP95 Analogue Addressable Detectors, Loop Powered Sounders, Beacons and all other interface devices and allows comprehensive cause-and-effect definition.
- Up to 126 addressable devices – In addition a Platform Sounder can be fitted to each detector and fully controlled by the IFAX
- Up to 14 Full Function Remote Control Panels – All controls, indicators and displays are duplicated on compact Remote Control Panels that can be installed at key points throughout the building
- Up to 32 IFAX panels can be networked – To form a high-integrity and “seamless” peer-to-peer network. UniIFAX and MultiIFAX panels can be mixed on the same network
- Loop or Radial Wired Detection Circuit – When upgrading a system, existing wiring can often be reused—saving costs and disturbance to the building fabric
- Individually Programmed Outputs – Relays & Sounders can be programmed to operate from individual detectors, zones or sectors
- Delayed Outputs – Relays & Sounders can be programmed to operate after a given time to allow the cause of the alarm to be investigated before calling the fire service or evacuating the building
- User Friendly – “Plain English” messages, Context Sensitive Menus and intuitive controls make the IFAX one of the most user-friendly panels available
- Customised Menus – Menu items can be programmed to carry out a sequence of commands in order to simplify user operations
- Built-in Commissioning & Servicing Aids – E.g. “Loop-at-a-glance” displays and statistical alarm performance reporting
- Daily automatic self-test of addressable devices
- 1000 event memory – retained even on full power failure
- One person “walk-test”
- Readily available IFAXOnSite software to change configuration data – Easy to use Windows-based software with extensive online Help
- Advanced interface to building management systems and graphical systems – Full two-way protocol
- All Steel Cabinet – 1.2 mm Sheet Steel
- Optional Handheld Printer
- Number of Loops – 1
- Number of Zones – 24
- Indicators – System On, Supply Fault, Remote Signal Activated, Remote Signal Fault/Disabled, Sounders Activated, Sounders Silenced, Sounders Fault/Disabled, Fire, Warning, Disabled, Fault, Test, Delays Enabled, System Fault, 24 Zonal LEDs
- Display – 4 X 40 Character, back-lit LCD Display
- Conventional Sounder Circuits – up to 4 (optional)
- Conventional Auxiliary Relays – up to 2 (optional)
- Event Memory – Last 1000 events
- Interface Ports – RS232 and 2 X RS485 – ESD Protected
- Dimensions – 520 mm (W) X 325 mm (H) X 105 mm (D)
- Enclosure – 1.2 mm Steel, Gloss White Powder Finish, RAL 9010
- Weight – 5.5 kg (excluding batteries)
- Knockouts – 20 mm, 7 X top, 6 X back
- Mains Supply – 110 V to 240 V, 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- Quiescent Current – 110 mA @ 24VDC (typical – using standard Power Supply)
- Alarm Current – 135 mA @ 24VDC (typical – using standard Power Supply)
- Maximum Loop Current – 1 Amp Continuous
- Integral Power Supply/Charger – 1.9 Amp (5 Amp optional)
- Integral Stand-by batteries – Up to 12 Ah, mounted internally
- Order Codes – MA-05-011 (standard), MA-05-021 (networkable)
Documentation and Software
This information is available in a printer-friendly format, together with other documentation and software for the UniIFAX. More pictures are also available.
Below are various pictures of the UniIFAX panel. Click on each for larger versions.