Bristol City Council
The Council House on College Green is the headquarters of Bristol City Council and houses the Council Chamber, the Lord Mayor’s Reception Room, many committee rooms and offices. The foundation stone was laid in 1938, but it wasn’t until World War II was over that it was finished and was opened by the Queen in 1956.
The two end towers of the Council House bear a golden unicorn. The coat of arms of Bristol is made up of a shield showing a ship protected by a castle, surrounded by a pair of unicorns.
Multi Alarm GB provide fire detection for the Council House using a pair of networked 4-loop MultiIFAX control panels with 680 addressable devices, including point and beam smoke detectors.